- Forensic examinations on cases that involve security violations, espionage, classified information, and support for the war on terrorism
- Forensic examinations on computers attacked through unauthorized access
- Forensic examinations that involve cyber crimes and fraud
- Forensic imaging of all original electronic media
- Audio/Video forensics support for DoD Law Enforcement and the DoD Safety Community that investigates mishaps and accidents
The Forensic Data Extraction (FDE) Process
The Defense Computer Forensics Laboratory detects and provides early warning of worldwide threats to the Department of Defense and national assets. Its personnel support counterintelligence operations and investigations to detect and neutralize espionage, sabotage and terrorism against U.S. assets. It also provides case support to criminal investigations run by the Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations.
Any allegation of the offense of child pornography warrants a rapid response due to potential further victimization. The lab’s new process reduces child pornography case turn-around time by at least 70 percent. It provides better assistance to DCIO case agents, and much more tailored products for trial support. This system expedites the through put of case media volume, which increases exponentially by the year due to advancing storage capabilities.
FDE Support line: (410) 981-6611
FDE Support e-mail: